Kaserne Vogelsang Berlijn

Kaserne Vogelsang – After the end of World War II, a site north of the village became important within the Western forces of the USSR. From 1952, a barracks town was constructed within the woods, that eventually was capable of housing 15,000 people, including military personnel and their families. The town was self-contained and off-limits to non-essential personnel, and contained a theatre, shops, offices, a gym, school and medical facilities. During the Cold War, it was the third largest Soviet base inside East Germany,[1] after the base at Wünsdorf.

 

Video

 

Fotoalbum

« 1 van 2 »

Geef een reactie

Het e-mailadres wordt niet gepubliceerd. Verplichte velden zijn gemarkeerd met *